Monday, February 22, 2010

SUNLIGHT


No, this is not a picture of my backyard (unfortunately). I wanted a picture of snow and sun and this is way prettier than my own backyard, which features an ugly (but servicable) fence, a hole where the trampoline resides (took the mat down for the winter), a playhouse, some trees and many power lines. It's a great backyard, but this is a better picture for this post.

Moving on...

I forget how dreary and sunlight-lacking winter can be. I would be curious to know how many people in snowy or rainy/overcast winter climates suffer from SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder--basically, where you get depressed when you don't get enough light).

So the last five days where I live have been sunny and I am so grateful! Wa-hoo!! Yes, and colder, because of the lack of cloud cover, but it is totally worth it to endure a high of 23 degrees and have the sun shining (actually, that's only 5 degrees colder than normal, so not much difference). I love the sun!

No comments: