Tuesday, February 9, 2010

WEARING SHOES & WALKING WITHOUT PAIN


Again, it's amazing how many things I take for granted and only remember how grateful I am for them once I don't have them for a time.

Last week I had a weird skin reaction to a cut on my right little toe and it swelled to almost double size. Unable to put any shoes on or even put pressure on that toe without extreme discomfort, I hobbled around all week. Since I was walking weird and compensating to protect my foot, by the end of the week I was sore in muscles I didn't even realize I had!

So this week, I am so grateful and happy that I can wear shoes and walk without pain. What a little thing, but also a huge thing!

1 comment:

Laura S. said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better! We take so many little things for granted... My sister had a friend who, for a psychology project, went for a day with her thumb taped to her hand to see what it would be like to have no thumb. It was a life changing experience for her. We have so much to be grateful for! Thanks for reminding me.