Monday, February 1, 2010

MINT


I love...no, adore, mint. When I was young, I would go visit my grandparents in the summer and my grandpa had lots of mint plants in their gargantuan garden. He made this health drink he called his 'green drink' with mint and all sorts of other green leafy things. I tried it once. Nas-ty. But to this day I associate mint with those great memories at my grandparents' home.

And I think I love every mint food I've ever tried (of course, it helps that almost all of those are paired with chocolate or sugar. Kind of hard to go wrong). Unfortunately, I usually cannot eat mint of any kind because of a medication interaction (if you really want to know, you'll have to email me and I will explain).

No mint chocolate chip ice cream (sniff), no Junior Mints (one of my favorite candies...sniff, sniff), and perhaps worst of all...no mint toothpaste (sob sob). It's really weird that toothpaste is the thing that I miss the most. It's something that I totally took for granted before, but now I really miss it. My oldest son contends that no mint gum is the worst, but since I'm not a big gum person, that doesn't hit me too hard.

However, for the next two weeks I can have all the mint I want--hoorah!!

Again, I maintain that the way to really appreciate something that you take for granted, even if it's something as non-essential and seemingly unimportant as mint, is to have it taken away for a while.

But then when you get it back, you love it all the more!!! Hoorah for mint!

1 comment:

MamaChef (JM) said...

I think you had better make some Grasshopper Cupcakes!